With the choice between four models, the Besson Prodige euphoniums provide an excellent start to the careers of aspiring euphonium players.
All four models (BE162, BE163, BE164, BE165) are free blowing with an ease of tone production combined with an even response throughout the register.
They have a rich, warm, centred tone and a reliable, fast and quiet valve action, as well as being comfortable for both embouchure and fingers.
- Key | Bb
- Bore | .580 / 14,72 mm
- Bell | Yellow brass 11" or 12" / 280 mm or 304 mm
- Valves | 3 stainless steel (BE162) / 4 stainless steel (BE163/BE164/BE165)
- Waterkeys | 2 (BE162) / 3 (BE163/BE164/BE165)
- Features | Removable water catcher, fixed lyre box
- Outfit | Hard case with zippers, mouthpiece, cleaning cloth, valve oil
- Finish | Clear lacquer or silver-plated
- Models |
- BE162-1-0 | Clear lacquer finish
- BE162-2-0 | Silver-plated finish
- BE163-1-0 | 3+1, 12" bell, gold brass lead pipe, clear lacquer finish
- BE163-2-0 | 3+1, 12" bell, gold brass lead pipe, silver plated finish
- BE164-1-0 | 4 inline, 11" bell, clear lacquer finish
- BE164-2-0 | 4 inline, 11" bell, silver plated finish
- BE165-1-0 | 3+1, 11" bell, clear lacquer finish
- BE165-2-0 | 3+1, 11" bell, silver-plated finish